[OS X TeX] Float Placement

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat May 17 04:42:28 EDT 2008

Am 17.05.2008 um 04:58 schrieb Richard J Benish:

> I have a float (a pdf figure) that takes up about two thirds of the
> height of a two column page. When I place it in the desired column,
> however, text above and below the float disappears, leaving a lot
> of unwanted blank space.

Did you think of cropping the PDF image? There might be some space
above/below the picture on the PDF *page* ...

> In the "LaTeX Companion" I see that commands such as \intextsep may
> correct the problem, but I don't find any specific examples, so
> it's not clear exactly what to enter and where.

The documentation of the epslatex package, ftp://ctan.tug.org/tex-
archive/info/epslatex.pdf, describes this dimension. The file
describes how to work with the caption and subfig packages and also
explains a lot of other dimensions.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
				– Rich Cook