[OS X TeX] Installing Monotype Times New Roman

Adam Fenn acwfenn at ntlworld.com
Sat May 17 08:35:06 EDT 2008

I am trying to install Monotype Times New Roman fonts to use with
TeXshop. I have followed the instructions in the
fontinstallationguide.pdf and the tutorials at
http://tug.org/mactex/fonts/fonttutorial-current.html and
http://tug.org/mactex/fonts/updatefonttutorial-current.html

However when I try to use these fonts I get the message

[1{/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex.map}]kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag
1+0/600 --dpi 600 mntr8x

I had these fonts working with OzTeX so I think the problem is with the
map file rather than the fonts themselves.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Adam Fenn.