[OS X TeX] Forcing the use of pdtlatex or dvips

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 25 08:00:32 EDT 2008

On May 25, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> Well, apparently it is with TWO percent signs, so if I use
>
> %%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
>
> as suggested by herbert Schulz, THEN pdflatex is always used,
> regardless of the menu.
>
> *but*, the TeXShop help contains apparently a mistake. Open the
> TeXShop help panel, go to advanced help -> additional typesetting
> engines.  There, I see
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
>
> and not
>
> %%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
>
> (also below, only examples with one percent sign and not two).
>
> best
>  Roberto

Howdy,

Either one or two (or three, ...) will work. I've gotten into the
habit of using %% only because if some printers get a raw file that
starts with %! they immediately assume the file to be Postscript. I've
never run into that problem but printing through using the lp command
in Terminal to a Postscript printer could do that.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)