[OS X TeX] TeX on Mac Wiki

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sat Nov 1 07:45:05 EDT 2008

The TeX on Mac Wiki received it's first SPAM attack last night from an
outfit called RuneScape which I cleaned up this morning (attack was at
around 4:30 GMT on Nov 1, clean up 8 hours later... the only time of
the day it would have gone 8 hours). This unfortunately proved the
point that continual supervision is necessary although I hoped
spammers would be lazy enough to take the weekend off! There have been
thousands of changes I've viewed since August... I watch everything,
eventually. Because of this, it is feasible that I could miss some in
the future. If you see or suspect vandalism, please email me AND cfrees at imapmail.org
  directly ASAP and we can begin blocking the offender from the site.
Hopefully they won't have the energy to keep adding accounts
indefinitely (deleting an account takes minimal time compared to
adding one and re-adding the spam pages). I think the best way to
handle this it to stop it quickly. Hopefully we won't have to block
addition of new accounts to the system. That places an undue hurdle to
new users.

Anyone who is interested can set their account to watch all page
changes on the site (I believe in preferences). The more eyes, the
better the maintenance.

Thanks,
Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085