[OS X TeX] 2in1 package for lettersize ALL NEW Thread

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Nov 3 19:32:14 EST 2008

>>On Nov 2, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Christopher Menzel wrote:
>>
>>>There's a nice little package called 2in1 that renders two pages
>>>on a single sheet in landscape orientation.  However, the package
>>>only works properly for A4 paper.  I tried hacking the code with
>>>some success, but I am unable to get the page number for each
>>>rendered page properly centered beneath it, and my elementary TeX
>>>skillz are not up to the challenge. Does anyone know of a
>>>comparable package that works with lettersize?  Nothing I've found
>>>seems to do what I'm looking for.
>On Nov 2, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
>>What about pgfpages? I think by Till Tantau. I use this to make
>>4-up printouts of slides from Beamer. Maybe it does what you want.
>
>Thanks for the suggestion, Adam.  I don't think pdfpages is quite
>what I'm looking for, as it seems to require a two step process: (1)
>call pdflatex on the document I'm working on (2) call pdflatex on a
>second small document with a single \includepdf command that inserts
>the output of (1) and renders it two pages per sheet.  The nice
>things about 2in1 is that it creates the 2x1 output directly,
>enabling you to preview your output in Skim (or whatever) as you
>work as usual with C-c C-c.  My hack of 2in1 does that as well, but
>I just don't know how to get those page numbers properly centered,
>as their location doesn't appear to be controlled by any of the
>parameters in 2in1.sty.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>-chris

Here's a fixed version of 2in1.sty that does what you want.

<http://www.msu.edu/~amunn/latex/2up.sty>

I've added a papersize option (letter or a4paper) which allows it to
work with either size.  I've renamed it 2up.sty.  The default option
is letter, so just calling it with \usepackage{2up} should work fine.

Let me know if you find any problems.  The package itself is probably
not very robust but as a quick and dirty solution it is handy as you
say.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736