[OS X TeX] "Hijacking" a thread

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:31:07 EST 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 6:27 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Guilty as charged. In fact, I am a repeat offender.
>
> But why would an identifier be hidden?

Actually emails have quite a lot of other stuff in the header than
the in-reply-to header. If you use Apple's Mail.app, you can go to
"View -> Message -> Long Headers" or shift-command-B to view all the
headers, and you'll see that there's maybe about 20 of them or so.
Imagine if any message you viewed was prepended within all this
sometimes useless information. So by default it is hidden, but you
can ask to see it all if you like.

By the way, if you right-click on the list's mailing address on the
To field, you can select the "New message" option to somewhat quickly
start a new message to the list.

> Apologetic regards
> --schremmer

Haris Skiadas