[OS X TeX] eps figure into document

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 4 11:21:46 EST 2008

On 3 nov 2008, at 22:39, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 3 nov 2008, at 22:33, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>
>> I agree with Clea. Spaces are bad in filenames. Start with that.
>
> Nope, simpdftex is spaces-in-filenames safe. There is no reason to
> avoid spaces in filenames with the software that is supplied with
> TeXShop, or my BBEdit scripts.

That said: Synctex needs tome work, as it will include the quotes in
the file-name, making the file invisible to Skim (and perhaps TeXShop,
not tested). Damn unix developers!

So if you want to use Synctex (yes, you want that), you'll need to
avoid spaces in the file names for now. Otherwise there is no reason
to avoid spaces, and spaces in directory names up to your root file
are inconsequential as well (that still holds true in the synctex case).

Maarten