[OS X TeX] "Hijacking" a thread

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 4 18:17:21 EST 2008

On 4 nov 2008, at 23:12, Joachim Kock wrote:

> PPS: this email is sent by typing in the To and Subject
> fields.  How does your thread-savvy email client handle
> such a reply?  It *is* a reply, as you can see by the
> Subject line I chose.

It sorts into the thread you replied to in Mail.app, so it apparently
uses two items: the in reply to header, and the title (to help with
broken mail clients I guess).

On the other hand, I can miss threads that change the subject, because
they end up in a thread I decided I was no longer interested in, and
help request that I know the answer to, then someone seeking help may
miss out on a valid answer.

Maarten