[OS X TeX] TeXshop - preview jumping after typeset

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, CFM drdbthompson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:49:23 EST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 16:35 , Warren Nagourney wrote:

> My problem is the frequent, seemingly random,  jumps of the preview
> window immediately after typesetting (using pdfLatex).  It will jump
> up to several pages from the place being viewed, forcing me to move
> back. It does this whether I am in page mode or continuously
> scrolling. The behavior takes a significant chunk out of my time and
> focus on the material and is frankly very annoying. This has always
> been a problem with TeXshop and I am finally motivated to find a
> fix, it it exists. Is there any fix?

I also use TeXshop and have for several years. I don't use quite your
approach, preferring to manually trigger the typeset when I'm between
editing sessions or just want to check my code. I frequently see the
"jumping in preview" case you cite, but noticed if I simply re-typeset
the document I am back where I should be in the preview pane. I think
this is associated with pdflatex moving a float around. A second
typeset fixes the problem.

At least it does on my systems.

-=d