[OS X TeX] Weird problem with footnote hyperlink

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 18:48:38 EST 2008

Hello Salvatore,

On 12/11/2008, at 4:54 AM, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> I am using the pracjourn class file because it produces very nicely
> formatted articles.  I just made a few modifications to suit if for
> submissions at my university.
>
> The weird thing is that in the pdf the hyperlink of the footnote
> number in the text does not point to the footnote at the bottom of the
> page, but to the beginning of the pdf document.

Yep. I've seen that kind of before.
Does it happen with all the footnotes, or just a few of them?

> Any idea how to go about?

First of all, there should be a message about it in the
Console or .log file. This should help get an idea of
what is going wrong.

Which version of  hyperref.sty  do you have?

What  \documentclass  are you using?
Does it have any coding related to footnotes?

If so, then it may not be interacting properly with the
coding in  hyperref.sty , in which case you had better
send me an example (cut down as much as possible) and
I'll try to devise a fix that is simple to use.

> Thanks,
> Enrico
>
> --
> Enrico Indiogine