[OS X TeX] bibtex8 engine and %!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 12 16:18:18 EST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Alex Hamann wrote:

> Thanks to both Pete and Herb,
>
> I decided to try the latexmk approach. However, I found out that
> both latexmk and my new latexmk8 engines do not go into the bibtex
> phase and fail to create a bibliography. I am using Biblatex - could
> that be the case? Everything else in the preamble is pretty basic.
> If no problems with biblatex are know I am happy to create a minimal
> example.
>
> Best,
>
> Alex

Howdy,

Could you supply a minimal but complete file for me to compile on my
system. I've never had a problem with the biblatex package. I see now
that I left off a final semi-colon in the line added to the
xelatex8mkrc file:

$bibtex = "bibtex8 --wolfgang %O %S";

(see the trailing ; which must be there or perl gets confused).

Let me know if that fixes things up. If not, please send the minimal
tex file and both the xelatex8mkrc and xelatex8mk.engine file directly
to me (see my e-mail address below ad fix it up).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)