[OS X TeX] latex->dvips->Distiller->Acrobat Professional

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 18 18:03:12 EST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

>>> What options are you sending to dvips? In TeXShop I usually include
>>> --extradvipsopts "-R0"
>
> I tried this with TeXShop: it does not work. Otherwise, synctex
> works ok in TeXShop on my MacBook Pro with:
>
> Engine
> TeX + dvips + distiller
> simpdftex etex --maxpfb --extratexopts --synctex=1
>
> Latex (default: simpdftex tex)
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extratexopts --synctex=1
>
> Bruno posted these setting in September.

Howdy,

What do you mean by ``it does not work''? I use the following:

simpdftex etex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-R0" --extratexopts "-
synctex=1" --distiller ps2pdf14

for TeX + dvips + distiller and

simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-R0" --extratexopts "-
synctex=1" --distiller ps2pdf14

for LaTeX. Of course all of that is on one line. It all seems to work
very nicely.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)