[OS X TeX] How to use BibDesk Completion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 19 20:23:27 EST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Di Xiao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice there is a preference item in TexShop which enables BibDesk
> Completion.  I searched the list and couldn't find a detailed
> explanation on how to use it except the information that input manager
> is no longer needed.  What's the hotkey to active this function?  Is
> there other steps I need do to enable it?
>
> I have a working latex file and a bib file.  Bibtex on the file
> generates no problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Di

Howdy,

Basically what I have to do is open my .bib file(s) in Bibdesk, write
a \cite{xxx (actually I use my command completion) and press F5 to get
a list of possible citation matches. I then highlight one of them,
press return or tab and the proper key is put into the citation.

If that doesn't work it may be that you need to have a hidden
preference set (I'm not sure that is necessary any more) and I can
send you a BibDesk preference file with that set and then you can
change other prefs to what you want.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)