[OS X TeX] [ANN] refbase-0.9.5 adds direct output to LaTeX .bbl and allows to sync with local BibTeX file

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Nov 21 17:34:17 EST 2008

On 21.11.2008, at 22:35, Matthias Steffens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please forgive this shameless plug. Since refbase has been mentioned
> on this list before, I thought that people might be interested to
> hear about the release of refbase-0.9.5 which adds more LaTeX/BibTeX
> related features.
>
> <http://www.refbase.net/>
>
> refbase is a web-based reference manager that can import & export
> BibTeX, and output bibliographies as a LaTeX (.tex) or bibliography
> (.bbl) file.
>
> <http://bibtex.refbase.net/>
>
> The new release comes with a command line client (written in Perl)
> that allows to keep a local BibTeX file in sync with an online
> refbase server.
>
> <http://cli.refbase.net/>
>
> The CLI client can scan a .bib, .tex, .aux or .bbl file for any
> contained citations (cite keys), and update a local BibTeX file with
> matching records from a refbase server (taking care of any additions
> or updates done on the server). The client will append newly found
> records to the BibTeX file (if they don't yet exist in that file),
> and update existing records in that file if their modification date
> on the server is more recent.
>
> For a general overview of the main features of this package, please
> see:
>
> <http://features.refbase.net/>

Looks interesting, thanks for the hint. A question: I have quite
large .bib file which relies heavily on biblatex's special field. The
problem with most webbased referencing systems is that I always end up
loosing some of the data because they don't map all of biblatex's
field. If I import bibtex to refbase and export again, are fields
which aren't supported still conserved? And related to this? Is full
biblatex support something which might come in the future?

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the
last resort for dictators.“ Francis Ford Coppola