[OS X TeX] getnonfreefonts

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 05:23:24 EST 2008

Hi

now everything seems to work with Tk, but I tried to run
the getnonfreefonts script on my computer.  Apparently,
I cannot get them working.

For instance, I tried to install arial-urw in my local
directory by issuing

getnonfreefonts arial-urw

and I noticed new files in my ~/Library/texmf folder.

Then, I added

\usepackage{uarial}

in a document. Upon typesetting I noticed following
warnings

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/ua1/m/sl' undefined
(Font)              using `OT1/ua1/m/n' instead on input line 7.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/ua1/bx/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OT1/ua1/m/n' instead on input line 91.

and finally

LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults
substituted.

The cm fonts had been included, and not a single font with name
beginning with "ua1. The document was ultimately not typeset in
arial.  I even ran mktexlsr, updmap again, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

  Roberto