[OS X TeX] New TexShop Engine

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 2 09:36:37 EDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 1:07 AM, Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:

> Please I make a new engine for my TexShop and want to submit to the
> TexShop developers to include in it, please. Is an engine to use the
> nomencl package, used to create acronyms lists, "automagicaly".
>
> Here follow the code of the engine MakeNomencl.engine:
>
> #!/bin/tcsh
>
> set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
> set filename="$1"
> set basename="${filename:r}"
> makeindex "$basename".nlo -s nomencl.ist -o "$basename".nls
>
> -------
>
> Thats all to use nomencl:
> \usepackage[french]{nomencl} %change to your language
>
> Before begin document, place:
> \makenomenclature
>
> After toc as usual:
> \printnomenclature
>

> To start creating the acronyms list during typing use it as in
> example:
>
> \nomenclature{SoC}{System-on-chip}
>

> Thanks.

Howdy,

Try using the latexmk engines packaged for TeXShop. It will
automatically take care of nomencl as well as other packages for
glossaries, indexes and bibliographies as well as re-run (xe/pdf)latex
to resolve cross references.

Get the latest version as Latexmk401TeXshop218.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2
 >. It comes with installation and usage instructions.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)