[OS X TeX] pdfcrop and white equations?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 3 16:12:40 EDT 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 02.10.2008 um 00:09 schrieb david craig:
>
>> (This works fine in LaTeXiT 1.15.  The difference is that Pierre
>> switched to pdfcrop in beta versions of LaTeXiT 1.16 like the one
>> in MacTeXtras.)
>
> LaTeXiT 1.16 produces by some means a faultily cropped PDF file.
> PDFCROP 1.13, 2008/07/24 also produces in some cases a faultily
> cropped PDF file. Ghostscript seems to work perfectly well.
>
> I'll create a series of test cases for pdfTeX and another one for
> XeTeX, both based on the LaTeX code that LaTeXiT uses. I'll discuss
> the results soon on this and on the XeTeX list.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

Interestingly, I put together a customized pdtricks package so that it
uses pdfcrop to do determine the Bounding Box for figures because it
did a BETTER job of cropping than using gs! There were cases where
letters that extend outside their box (e.g., decenders, ascenders, and
many other CM letters do that) were being cropped incorrectly while
pdfcrop got it right.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)