[OS X TeX] i-Installer Announcements from Gerben Wierda

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 09:32:47 EDT 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 10:03 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> i-Installer has been updated to version 2.92. One change: support for
> OS X version limitations in the i-Package. This enables me to
> create i-
> Packages that will work on 10.5 and up only. It will be pretty likely
> that upcoming i-Package updates will be 10.5

OOPS!

Seeing this and noting that my version of i-Installer was something
like 2.88, and since I am still running 10.4, I thought I would
upgrade to 2.91. Well, I wasn't paying too much attention and what I
installed turned out to be 2.92. ;-))

This is no big deal since my LaTeX is of the vanilla variety and not
expected to change one bit until Apple goes to 10.6 at which time I
will go to 10.5.

But I would feel a bit more comfortable reverting to 2.91 and I have
two questions:

1) Wierda's http://ii2.sourceforge.net/ does not seem to have a
special download for 2.91 so where can I find it?

2) Should I find it, how can I install 2.91 on top of 2.92 without
messing up permissions and the like—and, if possible, while leaving
the terminal alone.

Hopeful regards
--schremmer