[OS X TeX] gtamacfonts

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Oct 6 14:06:49 EDT 2008

Does anybody know if the substantive contents of gtamacfonts has
altered or whether the support files etc. are identical to those in
previous versions?

I moved my installation of gtamacfonts to texlive/texmf-local when I
switched to TL which seemed to work fine. I'm just wondering if there
is anything to be gained by installing the updated version.

Also, if the Hoefler text ornaments are still unavailable for use in
LaTeX and anybody is interested, I would be happy to send them copies
of the support files I created for this purpose on the understanding
that they are strictly experimental. While I can't imagine them sending
your hard drive to its death or ordering take-aways behind your back, I
don't actually know what I'm doing and haven't tested them on any
machine other than my own. I read somewhere that Hoefler changed
between Tiger and Leopard. If so, they might not work on Leopard, at
any rate. You need gtamacfonts installed to use it as all I did was
create the font definition file for LaTeX and a style file which
defines a command to access the ornaments. The only documentation is a
list which maps numbers to ornaments. You use the numbers to access the
ornaments using the command defined in the style file.

- cfr