[OS X TeX] Looking for help on a nit-picking font conflict problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Oct 21 05:20:09 EDT 2008

Am 21.10.2008 um 01:38 schrieb Gary Church:

> So, how do I use this information to correct the problem?

You could try to disable this MAP file fragment, once, with updmap.
Then run latex on your file again. When no error is reported, then
everything is OK. When latex tries to create PK files and searches
for MF files, then it's OK too, because now the error is OK since you
have no mapping for the tm* TeX font names to font files.

There is also the chance that you'd need to disable this MAP file
fragment more than just once. Invoking 'updmap --syncwithtrees' could
also help to cure your problem.

Since the font files seem to be some standard version of Times Roman
(why do you need them, for which purpose do you use them? In pdfTeX
Times Roman is built-in), the reports could be caused from having
chosen to download the 14 standard PostScript fonts into PDF files,
amongst which Times Roman is (already) listed ... (I would need to
create similar circumstances)

--
Greetings

   Pete

No project was ever completed on time and within budget.
				– Cheops Law