[OS X TeX] Author note

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:53:29 EDT 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 6:39 AM, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:

> I have been doing some Googling about placing an author's note at the
> end of an article. However, I was only able to find the
> \acknowledgements{....} command for APA documents.  I am writing a
> normal \documentclass{article} and the LaTeX compiler does not accept
> this command.
>
> Is there anything that I can use?

Define your own environment or macro.
That's what I do in these cases.
For instance something like

\def\beginsmallprint#1{\small\medskip\noindent\textbf{#1}\ \it}
\def\endsmallprint{\par\normalsize\normalfont}

in the preamble, and then, at the end:

\beginsmallprint{Acknowledgements:}
This paper was partly written during a joint visit of the first
two authors  to the Department of Mathematical
Sciences, World University, and during a visit
(supported by the WRLDU project XYZ) of the seventy-fifth
author to the Fakult\"at f\"ur Mathematik,
Technische Universit\"at der Welt.
The authors thank these institutions for their hospitality.
\endsmallprint

\beginsmallprint{Disclaimer:}
The information in this document reflects only the authors' views,
is provided as is and no guarantee or warranty is given that the
information
is fit for any particular purpose.  The user thereof uses the
information at
its sole risk and liability.
\endsmallprint

It is a bit of a hack and there are better solutions,
but this serves the purpose.

  Roberto