[OS X TeX] Where did StMaryRd go?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 16:01:18 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Alain,
>

> The TeX Live install script separates TeX Live into pieces and allows a user
> to select which pieces are installed. These pieces are rough-grained; I have
> no idea which piece contains stmaryrd.sty. But at least the "About" document
> lists the pieces I selected.

%tlmgr show stmaryrd
Package:    stmaryrd
Category:   Package
ShortDesc:  St Mary Road symbols for theoretical computer science.
LongDesc:   The fonts were originally distributed as MetaFont sources
only, but Adobe Type 1 versions are also now available. Macro support
is provided for use under LaTeX; the package supports the "only"
option (provided by the somedefs package) to restrict what is loaded,
for those who don't need the whole font.
Installed:  Yes
Revision:   7340
Collection: collection-mathextra

I am not sure that collection is a building block. If I had basic
installation and wanted to install  stmaryrd I would either

%sudo tlmgr install  stmaryrd

or

%sudo tlmgr install  collection-mathextra

#################################

% tlmgr list collections

returns 85 collections

% tlmgr list schemes
tlmgr: installation location http://ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
  scheme-basic: basic scheme (plain and LaTeX)
  scheme-context: ConTeXt scheme
  scheme-full: full scheme (everything)
  scheme-gust: GUST TeX Live scheme
  scheme-gutenberg: GUTenberg TeX Live scheme
  scheme-medium: medium scheme (plain, latex, recommended packages,
some languages)
  scheme-minimal: minimal scheme (plain only)
  scheme-omega: Omega scheme
  scheme-tetex: teTeX scheme
  scheme-xml: XML scheme

Unfortunately currently
% tlmgr show <collection>
%  tlmgr show <scheme>

does not list their contents (but TL people agreed that may be in the
future ... )

Victor