[OS X TeX] Mail merge from Excel to LaTeX letter class?

Michael Hanson mshanson at mac.com
Thu Oct 30 22:52:00 EDT 2008

All:

I have an existing Excel worksheet with contact information that I'd
like to "mail merge" into a set of LaTeX-generated letters.  Ideally,
I'd like to be able to just push a button in TeXShop and have this
work -- maybe a macro or engine?  I'm willing to learn some basic
coding to facilitate a relatively automated solution, but I'm not in
a position to use some of the LaTeX mail merge suggestions I have
seen on the web -- my lisp or mysql or awk skills are non-existent,
for example.  I'd also prefer to avoid cutting and pasting the data
into another file format (such as plain text) -- I might as well
paste them into individual LaTeX documents at that point.  Any
suggestions based on personal experience with a particular solution
would be especially welcome.

Thanks,
Mike