[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Sep 1 12:57:21 EDT 2008

Folks,

MacTeX-2008 is almost released.

We release MacTeX by uploading to a private site. CTAN then obtains
the package from this site automatically during nightly builds. The
uploading was done late yesterday, but the package has not yet
appeared on CTAN.

In the meantime, Wendy McKay has activated the new MacTeX page for the
package:

      www.tug.org/mactex

The links to the MacTeX install package are disabled on this page, but
everything else is working. You can read about the new release now. In
the next few days (hopefully tomorrow) we'll make those MacTeX links
active.

The old page is still available at

      www.tug.org/mactex/2007.

Dick Koch (and greetings from Wendy McKay)