[OS X TeX] latexmk and eps files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 1 17:15:28 EDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 4:07 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> Hi, I have a book project that needs latex-dvips since it makes
> extensive use of pstricks. I thought I would switch to using the
> latexmk engine, instead of the latex engine so that I wouldn't have
> to worry about unresolved references etc., but now I get a LaTeX
> error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps
>
> But eps files work fine with the latex engine.  Why don't they seem
> to work with latexmk?
>
> Alan

Howdy,

I just tried it out here and it all seems to work fine. This sounds
like something is not using latex.

How are you calling latexmk? Something like

%%!TEX TS-program = latexmk

as the first line in the file should guarantee that the latexmk engine
is used. What version of TeXShop are you using? What are the contents
of the ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/latexmk.engine and ~/Library/TeXShop/
bin/latexmkrc files?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)