[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008 Status

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:45:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Alex Ross <alex at rosiba.com> wrote:

> Bittorrent can be quite slow if you are behind a firewall.  Peers attempting
> to connect to your node will be rejected.  If you can change your firewall,
> forward bittorrent's port to your machine and it will be much faster.

I do not use BitTorrent client. With Azureus one can see if connection
is initiated locally or by remote host. If all your connections are
locally initiated something should be done with firewall.
In particular, if two machines are behind firewalls without port
redirections they will never be connected directly