[OS X TeX] MacTeX-2008

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu Sep 4 18:33:16 EDT 2008

On 04/09/08, you seem to have written:

> Folks,
>
> The document "TeX Live Manager.pdf" in /Applications/TeX/Utilities/TeX Live
> Manager explains exactly what is installed, where, and where it was obtained.

I read this before installing. The installer did not put things in the
indicated places in my case because I already had an older version of
Perl/Tk installed. The postflight script only moves the installed files
from /Library/Perl into final position if it finds no directories by
the same names in those places. For example, it installs
/Library/Perl/Tk.pm-temp. If Tk.pm is already installed - whether an
older version or not - it leaves it alone and you end up with the
(older) Tk.pm installed and the new Tk.pm-temp is left in /Library/Perl
i.e. it is not moved/renamed.

That's why I'm not sure what to do now. I still have the older version
of Perl/Tk installed and I have a bunch of temporary files/directories
in /Library/Perl.

Sorry if I'm missing something but I did not see anything in the pdf
about what to do in this situation.

Thanks,
cfr