[OS X TeX] xelatexmk and fontspec

Sam Cox scox at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sun Sep 7 12:05:52 EDT 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 8:18 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> At first glance it appears that you are using an AAT font so you
> must use the xdv2pdf driver since xdvipdfmx doesn't support that
> Apple only technology.
>
> There may be an appropriate engine file that is presently inactive
> found in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/XeTeX/ called xelatex-
> xdv2pdf.engine. Move that file up two directories to ~/Library/
> TeXShop/Engines/ and use that engine via
>
> %%!TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdv2pdf
>
> at the start of the file. If you are using TeXShop 2.18 and that
> engine file isn't where I said it was remove the ~/Library/TeXShop/
> Engines/ folder and restart TeXShop to recreate that folder with the
> latest contents. You can then move any additional engine files back
> into the new folder.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)
There was no xelatex-xdv2pdf.engine so I did as you suggested,
restarting TeXShop etc.  Now xelatex-xdv2pdf.engine is in ~/Library/
TeXShop/Engines.  The first line in the file cv-test.tex is

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex-xdv2pdf

  Now it does not process at all.  I get this single line in the
console:

Unmatched `.

I am really puzzled.  I guess there is some simple explanation but I
do not see it.  Also will this engine process both citation lists?

Sam