[OS X TeX] SyncTeX and Beamer

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 8 09:42:24 EDT 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 7:17 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.09.2008 um 13:20 schrieb Peter Vamos:
>
>> is there something I could put on the top of my Beamer file which
>> _would_ make SyncTeX fail?
>

> Why so complicated?! Just a beamer engine that saves some time by
> not using synctex. Out in the free world you do not have to use all
> that stuff they're advertising as progress and better and faster and
> slimmer ...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

Howdy,

Ok... I've built a couple of beamer engines.

beamer.engine is a trivial copy of a pdflatex run but without the
synctex option set.

beamermk.engine is an adaptation of the pdflatexmk engine but, again,
without the synctex option set. Use this to automatically make all
necessary runs of pdflatex to resolve references using latexmk.

You can pick up the engines a BeamerEngines.zip at <http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)