[OS X TeX] SyncTeX using my editor

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Sep 11 20:14:49 EDT 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Nestor Aguilera wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2008, at 19:18, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>
>> It's wonderful how much help there is on this list. Can anyone help
>> me get synctex working, step by step,  with my editor and respond
>> by posting it on the wiki?
>> http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=SyncTeX
>>
>> My editor is Alpha, BBEdit, Carbon Emacs, iTeXMac, jEdit, Smultron,
>> TextMate, TeXWorks, and/or Vim.
>>
>> (yes, this is a coy trick to try to get information put up on the
>> wiki).
>> Thanks!
>> Joe
>
> As I posted on Sep 3, 2008,
>
>> I am already compiling via "pdflatex -synctex=1" (after dropping
>> pdfsync in the source) and have had no problem with TextWrangler <-
>> > Skim
>
> So I have two questions:
>
> - Are you not interested in TextWrangler?
>
> - If you are, how do I post in the mactex-wiki?

Sure! I don't even know if we have it listed on the wiki, if not, it
should be added. OK, I just added it.

All you have to do is go to the wiki, click on the link at the top
right corner to create an account, and you gain access to edit it.

Once you have an account, editing is straight forward, and we have
some tips on the help page
http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php?title=Help:Contents
Thanks,
Joe