[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.18-svn PDF viewer steals focus

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 13 09:04:25 EDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 7:46 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Whenever I have run a (mostly) LaTeX file through some *TeX in GNU
> Emacs (AUCTeX), TeXShop instantly refreshes the view – and steals
> the focus! Is there some cure (except going back to an elder version)?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete
>
> What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software
> 'releases.'  Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of
> designers and quality assurance people in its wake.

Howdy,

Searching for Hidden Preferences under TeXShop->Help I got:

When the preview window is updated after typesetting, it comes to the
front. This behavior causes trouble for uses with an X11 editor
running in Apple's X11 Window Manager. For these users, the behavior
can be turned off via:

defaults write TeXShop BringPdfFrontOnAutomaticUpdate NO

Hope that helps.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)