[OS X TeX] Re: [MacTeX] tlmgr testing

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Sep 13 21:06:40 EDT 2008

On 13.09.2008, at 17:47, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2008, at 7:25 PM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>

>> Following Herb's advised, I completely reinstalled MacTeX2008, the
>> document compiled fine then. I then manually downloaded the new
>> tlmgr from tug svn as recommended by Dick. I'm currently in the
>> process of updating and everything seems to work fine so far.
>>
>> simon
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Glad to hear that.

Hmmm, tlmgr definitely is flaky at the moment. As I said, I did the
updates with tlmgr-gui, and my internet connection is still not as
good as it should. Obviously, there were again problems. While
article.cls and book.cls are here now, the pdflatex command is gone
now ... I tried to re-install pdftex with tlmgr-gui and although tlmgr-
gui  reported a succesful install I still got no pdflatex in /usr/
texbin.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt