[OS X TeX] problem with komascript's pagestyle and texLive 2008

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Sep 24 08:03:34 EDT 2008

Am 24.09.2008 um 14:42 schrieb Jonathan Kew:

> On 24 Sep 2008, at 10:11 AM, Alex Hamann wrote:
>> This is XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6 (Web2C 7.5.7)
>> %&-line parsing enabled.
>> entering extended mode


>> )) (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/ 
>> fontspec.sty
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/generic/ifxetex/ 
>> ifxetex.sty)
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/calc.sty)
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xkeyval/ 
>> xkeyval.sty
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/generic/xkeyval/ 
>> xkeyval.tex))
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/euenc/ 
>> eu1enc.def)
>> (/Users/alex/Library/texmf/tex/xelatex/changed files/eu1lmr.fd))
> This is probably the issue: you have a local copy of eu1lmr.fd  
> which is taking precedence over the version in TL2008, and is  
> probably incompatible with the Latin Modern font filenames; these  
> were changed between the 2007 and 2008 distributions.
>> fontspec.cfg loaded.
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/fontspec/ 
>> fontspec.cfg))
>> (/usr/local/texlive/2008basic/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xunicode/ 
>> xunicode.sty)
>> (/Users/alex/Library/texmf/tex/latex/koma-script/scrpage2.sty) (./ 
>> test_min.aux)
>> kpathsea: Invalid fontname `[lmroman10-oblique]', contains '['
>> ! Font EU1/lmr/m/sl/10.95=[lmroman10-oblique] at 10.95pt not  
>> loadable: Metric (
>> TFM) file or installed font not found.
>> <to be read again>
>>                   relax
>> l.22 \end{document}
>> ?
> (I notice that you also have local copies of koma-script files,  
> which are masking whatever's in TL2008; that might or might not  
> matter to you.)
> JK

Thanks for all the replies. So I reinstalled the latin modern font  
set. Did not harm but did not solve the issue either. I also  
reinstalled the newest version of Koma-script.
Deleting the file Jonathan pointed me to was one part of getting  
things right. Latin Modern fonts were used correctly afterwards. But  
then I ran into another segmentation fault when combining scrheadings  
and texlive 2008 basic: calling Hoefler Text with this command had  
worked ("worked" in the sense that it did not cause any errors or  
stop the xelatex run) previously (I used it to typeset my thesis last  
year) :

  \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,HyphenChar=-,ItalicFont={Hoefler Text  
=On]{Hoefler Text}

Now it causes another segmentation fault unless I remove these  
items:  NoLineInitial,NoLineFinal,NoInner.

However, this segmentation fault happens only when \pagestyle 
{scrheadings} is envoked.


More information about the MacOSX-TeX mailing list