[OS X TeX] XeTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 25 15:39:50 EDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:01 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> Does someone know the macros for XeTeX and XeLaTeX?
>
> GG

Howdy,

Here is part of a template I use (you may not have all these fonts)

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{article}

% for math fonts, default is latin modern math
%\usepackage{euler}
%\usepackage[expert,vargreek,lucidasmallscale]{lucbmath}
%\usepackage{mtpro2}
%\usepackage[onlymath,lf]{MinionPro}

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
%\setromanfont[Numbers=Lining,Scale=1.05]{Hoefler Text}
\setromanfont[Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=1.08]{Minion Pro}
%\setsansfont{Gill Sans}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Myriad Pro}
%\setmonofont{Lucida Sans Typewriter}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Monaco}
\begin{document}

\end{document}

Note: loading xltxtra actually also loads fontspec and xunicode but I
like knowing that they are there even though they are redundant.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)