[OS X TeX] MathTime Pro 2

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 27 12:37:29 EDT 2008

On Sep 27, 2008, at 11:10 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> .usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts
>
> there are 6 subdirectories (I inherited all six):
>
> source contains local
> tfm contains local and bh
> type1 contains local and bh
> vf contains local and bh
> afm contains bh
> map contains dvips and vtex
>
> Ran the two unix commands, got "done" for both.
>
> Tried to typeset, complained that lucidabr.sty was not found,
> eventually copied all the sty and fd files in my working folder.
> Obviously, that is not where they should go, but it worked.
>
> Where should they go? I have two folders (lucida and lucidabr) chuck
> full of these files, where should I put them?
>
> On the positive side, my Notices article does typeset now with Lucida.
>
> Sigh. Does it have to be this difficult?
>
> GG

Howdy,

Put both the lucida and lucidabr folders found in lucida-complete/tex/
latex/ in the corresponding folder in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
tex/latex/. Make sure to run

sudo mktexlsr

after putting the files there.

Just to make it clear, that command sets things up so that TeX can
find the files quickly inside the /usr/local/texlive/ trees (actually
it only uses this fast lookup there); you don't have to run the
command if you place files in your personal tree that has its base in
~/Library/texmf/.

Since the files were working when placed in the same directory as the
source file they should work fine after placing them in the correct
place.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)