[OS X TeX] Sysquake for LaTeX (and TeXShop)

Peter Pagin peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
Sun Apr 5 11:54:19 EDT 2009

Hi Herb,
5 apr 2009 kl. 15.30 skrev Herbert Schulz:

> On Apr 5, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Did you really copy and paste those options? There is a missing
>> hyphen and space in what you write out. It should be
>>
>> --shell-escape --synctex=1
>>
>> with a hyphen between shell and escape and a space between the
>> escape and the --synctex=1. If you are not using MacTeX 2008 you
>> will get an ``unrecognized option --synctex=1'' since synctex is a
>> feature of pdftex that first appeared in MacTeX 2008.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>

> Howdy,
>
> Sorry for missing this the first time through. I just looked at the
> default preferences for TeXShop and the missing hyphen and space are
> properly there. At some point they went missing in your preferences.

The hyphen was indeed there, I just missed it when writing the mail.
The space wasn't in the preferences, though. I can't tell for sure
that at some point I didn't make it disappear, but I have no memory of
ever having fiddled with the preferences before. But I guess it must
be me if it hasn't happened to any other TeXShop user.

I wasn't so impressed with SyncTeX before (as compared with pdfsync
etc.), but I now realize that I hadn't in fact used it. Now I have,
and it's great.

Thanks again,
Peter

> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Peter Pagin
Professor
Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel: +46-8-162813, fax: +46-8-152226
email: peter.pagin at philosophy.su.se
http://people.su.se/~ppagin/pagineng.htm