[OS X TeX] Can't compile - pdflatex issue

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:38:07 EDT 2009

On Apr 11, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> Have you tried Richard Koch's advice of typesetting your sample
> document with TeXShop? As he said, that's in no way an endorsement
> to TeXShop, nor a recommendation for its use ---the only thing is
> that TeXShop looks into /usr/texbin for the binaries, no matter
> what Fink or other distribution has put in your .bash_profile
> or .profile; therefore, debugging would be easier.

Reading this thread and aware that I had downloaded Fink for some
obscure, now forgotten reason, I was wondering why I didn't have the
problem.

Now I know.

Boy am I glad that TeXShop happened my way and that this was the one
thing I have never even thought of switching from.

So, for one, I sure am endorsing TeXShop. With both hands and
whatever else.

Regards
--schremmer