[OS X TeX] Help: TeX Live Utility (Get Info Broken)

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Apr 17 16:29:37 EDT 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:

> Aloha,
>
>> What is the  output of `texdoc -l -I makeindex`?
>
> $ texdoc -l -I makeindex
> texdoc info: makeindex aliased to base/makeindex
> 1 /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/makeindex/base/makeindex.pdf

Yuck.  I guess I'll have to post to the TeX Live list to see what (if
any) output is guaranteed.

> $ texdoc --version
> texdoc 0.42
>
> $ texdoc -v
> texdoc warning: Illegal value "" for option "verbosity_level"
>    from command line option "-v".  Skipping.

Changing the meaning of command line options was unfortunate...

froude:tmp amaxwell$ texdoc -h
Usage:  texdoc  -h, --help | -v, --version | -f, --files | [option(s)]
name(s)

Either way, this tells me what I need to know: that texdoc changed
drastically.  So now I need to parse output from the new version and
the old version.