[OS X TeX] Exercises

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Sat Apr 18 15:48:56 EDT 2009

Michael,

What is odd that exercises are numbered with the section number, as
1.1, 1.2, etc. Normally, what is displayed is what is stored. Not in
this  case, of Exercise 1.2 \ref only remembers 2.

In Section 4, everything is consecutively numbered: Corollary 4.6,
Theorem 4.7, etc., so that they be easily found. A typical section has
30-40 exercises; it would look funny to have them numbered along with
everything else.

I do not understand how the Exercises are properly numbered. How do
they know the section number? How is it lost with \ref?

GG