[OS X TeX] broken tex distribution

Shawn Allgeier allgeier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:34:02 EDT 2009

My TeXshop stopped working.  When I try to compile I receive the
following message:
-----
Can't find required tool
(null) does not exist. Perhaps TeXLive was not installed or was
removed during a system upgrade. If so, go to the TeXShop web site and
follow the instructions to (re)install TeXLive. Another possibility is
that a tool path is incorrectly configured in TeXShop preferences.
This can happen if you are using the fink teTeX distribution.
-----
I tried deleting my old distribution (2007) and upgrading to 2008
since it was time.  I still receive the same message.  Is something
configured incorrectly between the front and back ends?

-Shawn