[OS X TeX] broken tex distribution

Felix Grasser fgrasser at gmx.net
Tue Aug 11 06:44:20 EDT 2009

I have the exact same issue.

I have been working with TeXLive2008 and TeXShop 2.26 and everything
has been working flawlessly.

Yesterday, I upgraded to TeXShop 2.28 (part of the MacTeX 2009 test
release) and renamed the TeXShop folder in ~Library to TeXShopOld so
TeXShop would install all the latest engines, templates, etc. After
this generation of the default TeXShop folder in ~Library, I get the
error described by Shawn.

Putting the old TeXShop folder back in ~Library has cured the issue. I
have not yet been able to track down what exactly caused the problem.

Felix