[OS X TeX] How to customise the TOC with the list of page numbers on the left side

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Thu Aug 20 10:08:58 EDT 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Pierfranco Minsenti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to customise the Table of Contents so as to have the
> list of entries with the page numbers all on the left hand side,
> followed by a predefined space and then by the entries, instead than
> on the right hand side, as usual.
> Is that possible?
> I am using the KOMA report class.
> Thanks in advance.

Do you mean, you'd like the table of contents on the "back" of a page,
i.e., so that when you open the report, the table of contents appears
on a left-hand page? Or do you mean, you'd like to have the table of
contents and the space flush up against the left side of whatever page
the contents are on? I think you must mean the former, because, unless
I am mistaken, the former is what is standardly done.

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
agoldstein at iona.edu
a.m.goldstein at mac.com
http://www.iona.edu/faculty/agoldstein