[OS X TeX] New iMac

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Thu Dec 3 04:38:50 EST 2009

Le 02-déc.-09 à 19:20, George Gratzer a écrit :

> On 2009-12-01, at 9:19 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Dec 1, 2009, at 8:14 PM, George Gratzer wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, Migration Assistant.
>>>
>>> TeXShop typeset, no problem. Via Terminal it does not work. What
>>> am I missing?
>>>
>>> GG
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> See the MacTeX FAQ at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/faq/#qm10>.
>> Specifically part (d) of the answer to Q10. It refers to
>> MacTeX-2008 but applies equally for MacTeX-2009 if brought over by
>> Migration Assistant. The fix is discussed in that answer too.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

I've got the same problem, migrating from MacTeX-2008 to MacTeX-2009,
but without using Migration Assistant nor something like that. It was
on the same machine and the same system, i.e. iMac G5 on Tiger. I
have solved this problem by inserting /usr/texbin manually in my
$PATH, modifying the file ~/.profile …