[OS X TeX] multi cores

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Sun Dec 13 11:38:08 EST 2009

I tried the i applications. iMovie, I gave it a 30 minute job. It uses 50-80% of one CPU and about 20% of the other. Added a Photoshop filtering; it used exclusively the under utilized processor. With a single processor, it would be very difficult to do anything while iMovie renders.

The i7 is a bargain, so much more power for little money.

I think that the next variant of many applications will utilize Grand Central and the multicores. Stuffit already does, it uses about 70-90% of all 8 cores.

GG