[OS X TeX] Convert?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Dec 19 04:08:39 EST 2009

On Dec 18, 2009, at 22:42 , David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> After installing mactexlive 2009 sometime back, it seems "convert"
> doesn't work as it did.
>
> david-arnolds-macbook-pro-2:temp darnold$ convert addition.tiff
> addition.jpg
> convert: Compression algorithm does not support random access.
> `addition.tiff' @ tiff.c/TIFFErrors/323.
>
> Should I just reinstall? Has it been fixed in the latest upload of
> mactex?

AFAIK, 'convert' is part of the ImageMagick suite, not TexLive.  I
have both TL2009 and TL2008 installed, and I get the behavior you
describe in both cases.  Don't know much about the image processing
side of things, so I can't offer any hints for solution.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker
Curmudgeon-at-large