[OS X TeX] BasicTeX and texdoc

Tobias Pyndt Steinmann tobii at tobii.dk
Sun Dec 27 15:13:33 EST 2009

Hi,
I have recently installed BasicTeX on my sisters computer (I chose BasicTeX over MacTeX because her computer is running low on space and because we in our summerhouse with a slow internet connection) and it's working quite well with one exception: texdoc. texdoc wasn't included in BasicTeX so I installed it using the TexLive Utility, but while texdoc seems to work the documentation for many packages installed isn't available, ie. memoir and csquotes. Where csquotes is a package I installed using the TeXLive Utility.
If I check the path /usr/local/texlive/2009basic/texmf-dist/doc/latex it only contains the koma-script documentation.

Is there a way to install the documentation for the packages or are the dtx files available for me to typeset?

with best regards,
Tobias Pyndt Steinmann