[OS X TeX] adding new style files

Per Ting perting at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:31:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I have recently switched from PC (winedt+Miktex) to Mac (Mactex 09). I have some style files that are not part of TL09 and I need to install them on my Mac. Some of these styles are on CTAN (but not part of TL09) and some I have written myself.

1-Where and how they should be installed? Do I need to run TL utility after copying them to the recommended directory? How? I feel more at home with TL utility than with tlmgr.

2-For those style files that are part of CTAN, is there a way to add them to TL so that they can be updated by TL utility?

Thanks