[OS X TeX] Chapter Index

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Tue Dec 29 02:52:49 EST 2009

Am 29.12.2009 um 04:19 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> --- splitidx which, with "a small program, splitindex" can produce
> several indexes. But it seems to me that these indexes must be at the
> end of the book. The doc, though, explains that

I use splitindex sometimes. Attached is a testfile (tex+pdf) that illustrates what it can do. When you use it, the easiest way is to run the command splitindex myfile.idx once before you run makeindex. Also attached is the TeXShop-Engine I am using for this. I guess there are also ways to configure latexmk such that it produces the various .idx- and .ind-files

I think it could do what you want, but I don't know if your outdated TeX-Installation supports splitindex properly. In TeXLive2008 (updated) and 2009, splitindex is installed as it should. (The splitindex perl-script is found by running the command splitindex...)

Best,
Daniel