[OS X TeX] Inconsistent behavior in MacTex

Frimann Kjerulf laukur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:31:23 EST 2009

Hi

I recently installed MacTex and I'm getting strange inconsistencie when I'm
viewing my output files either in TexShop's preview or in Mac OS X's
Preview.

Now when I view a typeset output, the pdf file made in Texshop,  I don't
always see the same result. 1/2 of the time the output looks ok.  But the
other 1/2 either looks bolder (the letters look bolder), or the text is
bolder and symbols like \cdot don't display correctly.

Now I want to make clear that the output from latex is ok, it's just my
viewer "Preview" or the preview window in TexShop which is inconsistent.  If
I open the files up in Adobe Acrobat Professional, it always looks good.

Anyone know what's going on here?

regards
Frímann Kjerúlf