[OS X TeX] Re: A suggestion for TeX Live utility

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 21:49:53 EST 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Juan Luis Varona wrote:
>
>> Selecting the "Manage Packages" tab in TeX Live utility
>> But this method does not work without internet.
>> The help is in the hard disk, so it will be better to find it
>> in the own hard disk.

Incidentally, the help is read from the local hard disk, not from a
network location.  Tlmgr uses a network package database by default
for its listing.

> Well, you can force tlmgr to read the local package database using --
> location file://usr/local/texlive/2008.  I guess I could use that
> when you don't have a network connection.

I've just added this.  Listing updates will fail as usual if you don't
have a network connection, but the packages tab will show installed
packages.  If anyone has a better idea, speak up now...

--
adam